The end of the year is near, and winter is coming (I’m sorry for the nerdy reference) and holidays are close. Making this time of the year a perfect time to go on vacations and travel. Meet new places or relax in whichever part of the world you choose. With that in mind, I’m going to be giving you some tips for you to have in mind for your future travel plans.
1. Transportation. – How are you planning to get there? You need to choose wisely. If you want to spend the most time in the place that you decided then an airplane is the best choice. However, if you also want to enjoy the trip and enjoy the nature and all the landscape in between a car or bus is the best option for you.
(You can also read all our Road trip series here.)
2. Exchange rate. – If you are traveling internationally this point is important. you should realize that is important to change some of your money when you are traveling. And the internet can be a big help for you, so you can check the exchange rate and were to do it. Yet, you have different options. One is accessing your money directly in the country that you are traveling to, through an ATM machine. I advise you to call your bank first and let them know you are traveling abroad so they don’t cancel your card). And withdraw your money, either in your debit or credit card already in the local currency. Which is the easiest way. However, you should also have some cash on you when you arrive at the country. You should check were you can exchanges your money, either in the country that you are traveling to or before traveling and you going to your bank.
3. Packing. – We have all being guilty of bringing all our wardrobe with us when we are traveling. So, our best tip is, bring interchangeable items of clothing that you make different outfits with. And when you are planning your outfits put all your items on the bed and cut the amount in half. The best amount of clothing is only one week of clothes after that you should plan to do your laundry. (You can also check our post on all our best packing tips and trick with a free printable packing list)
4. Booking. – From airplanes, bus, accommodations to tours you should book all of this with a considerate amount of time (at least 8-6 weeks). Usually, when you book everything earlier you will get a cheaper price and/or some discounts on doing it with so much time before you travel. You can also check Ebates and how to get money back every time you shop online and yes this includes travel expenses, yes!! (psss you get $10 dollars back when you sign up using our link).
5. Planning. – If you already have a destination in mind, research all the stuff that you can do there. From touristic attraction to their most emblematic places. You can also check on tours if you like them. I also like to ask friends that have been there before some recommendations and based on their opinion. And then I will decide to check them or not. All of this will help you have a more realistic budget. Giving you the opportunity of creating an itinerary according to your time, money and likes.
6. Time of the year. – this is one of the most important yet trickiest point. We all know that there are times of the year where all the prices are a bit higher than the rest of the year. This is because is the most travel season to that particular places (this change depending on the place you are visiting). If you can travel outside the holidays and summer vacation we recommend you do it. All the places will be less crowded and less expensive.
“Traveling and changing places revitalizes the mind” – Seneca.
These are one of our travel tips, we hope you liked it and if you enjoy reading us, subscribe to our mailing list where you can read us directly in your inbox.
If you have any other tips we didn’t mention, leave it in the comment section, and we will be sure to read them.